2-3 weeks before you move
- Contact mobile phone companies, tv licensing, telephone, cable, satellite and internet service providers to notify them of your change of address and the date you are moving.
- Contact your insurance provider for your life, motor, medical, pet and contents insurance.
- Notify your bank or building society, notify your credit / store card providers.
- If you are moving from your local area contact schools, doctors, dentist and opticians then re-register in your new area.
- Notify your local council in both your current area and the area you are moving to.
- Notify your electricity, gas and water provider.
- Start packing / de-cluttering if you are doing this yourself but remember not to make boxes too heavy – if you can’t move them will we be able to? Also label all boxes for their appropriate room.
- Start using up food from freezer.
1 week before you move
- Phone council to suspend parking bays, if needed, for removal lorry.
- Start to dismantle any furniture unless pre-arranged for us to do. Remember to keep all screws and fixings in a safe place.
- Defrost your freezer.
- Don’t water plants – can create extra weight and mess on move day.
1 day to go before you move
- Put all personal / valuable items in a safe place not to be moved by us.
- Keep aside essentials for the moving day.
- Make sure the kettle is left out and be prepared to make tea for the removal team as moving is exhausting work.
- Double check that all items not to be taken by us are put in a safe place – i.e. in your car.
- Leave all hanging garments in wardrobes so we can put them straight onto our clothes rails.
- Take final gas, water, electricity readings.
Let home2home moves make this a
smooth and stress free day.